The United States in the 1,949th year of the Christian era is more or less what you see in film noir and in Jack Kerouac’s « On the Road » (1957). Kerouac travelled across the US from 1947 to 1950:
- When: AD 1949.
- Where: US (roughly North America 30 to 49 degrees north of the equator). Held sway over Japan, Philippines, Pacific Ocean, Latin America, and western Europe.
- Ruler: President Harry Truman.
- Population: 151 million in 1950. By race:
- 87.5% White,
- 10.0% Black,
- 2.1% Hispanic,
- 0.2% Native,
- 0.2% Asian/Pacific.
- Life expectancy: 68.2 years at birth in 1950:
- 69.1 years for Whites,
- 60.8 years (estimated) for Blacks.
- Major cities: New York (largest city in the world), Washington, Chicago.
- Language: Modern English written with Roman letters.
- Religion: nominal Christianity, hollow materialism.
- Currency: US…
Voir l’article original 581 mots de plus